Modifications and Customs
Yes, we can do that!
At izzy+, we love our standard designs and products, but we realize that certain projects may require some extra tweaking or a bit more pizzazz. Not only are we able to manufacture Modifications and Custom solutions for non-seating products within the izzy and Fixtures Furniture brands, we’ve introduced processes that will make it extra easy to order just what your customer needs.
All you need to know is the difference between a Modification and a Custom solution, when these special orders make sense in the big picture, and who to contact to get your order processed. (Guess what? We’re going to tell you!)
The difference between Sort of Special and Really Special
(Either way, we have people who will treat you special and make it all happen.)
A Modification is "Sort of Special." That means one of our standard products is almost exactly what you need, but your project requires a straightforward tweak. This level of special includes changes in finishes, altered grommet and cut out locations, and table dimensions that fall between two standard catalog sizes.
A Custom job is "Really Special." That means you have a very particular need that requires true custom design—in other words, these projects start with a drawing and are considered new product development. Not surprisingly, they require more lead-time and a bigger budget than Modifications.
Get ready to Modify and Customize the easy-peasy way—here’s the skinny
- Mix it up: Use any izzy+ catalog listed laminate or edgeband finish on any Fixtures Furniture or izzy brand table product for easy mixing and matching between those brands. This mix does not apply to Harter tables.
- Look it up: Use any pre-determined or pre-priced laminate, according to the On Line Laminate Look Up tool.
- Move it over: Adjust the placement of grommets and cutouts as needed, at easy, pre-determined, on-line pricing.
- Size it up: Fixed-height tables can be specified at an in-between size—just apply the price for the next larger standard item. (Note: Any moving mechanisms and all mounted options like modesty panels and power do not apply.)
So, the short answer to "Can you…?" is "Yes!"
Our systems and processes are set up to fulfill non-seating product Modifications and Custom requests within the izzy and Fixtures Furniture lines—together, we will qualify the request to ensure the required development.
- To kick off a Modification or Custom process and request a quote, complete the basic information on our handy-dandy RFQ form, provided from the link below. Fax completed RFQ form to 866.883.9693. If you have questions, contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 866.499.9968
izzy+ Case Studies
Work - 1 - Franke
Work - 1 - NC2
Work - 1 - Technical College of Georgia
Work - 2 - Alexander Marketing
Work - 2 - Rockefeller Brothers
Work - 2 - Vestas
Work - 2/3 - Kent County Recycling Center
Learn - 1 - SCPA Gift Shop
Learn - 2 - Austin Community College
Learn - 2 - Eastern Michigan University
Learn - 2 - Georgia State University
Learn - 2 - Henry Ford Schools
Learn - 2 - National University - Audrey
Learn - 2 - National University - Dewey
Learn - 2 - New Tech High School
Learn - 2 - Oakland University
Learn - 2 - University of Michigan